About Me

My photo
Hey Ya'll I'm Rachel I'm a "Southern Girl" with a passion for writing, cooking, crafting and running. Three of the most important things in my life are my, handsome guitar playing, husband Stephan our hilarious genius child Ephraim Brite and our beautiful girl Wren Eisley Take a look around and get to know me!

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

No One Likes to Talk About the "I" Word

This is a preface to the season we are in now.. The journey is important

Infertility
Infertility: Not being able to become pregnant despite having frequent, unprotected sex for at least a year

The statistics: 
  • The "I" word is NOT an inconvenience; it is a disease of the reproductive system that impairs the body's ability to perform the basic function of reproduction.
     
  • The "I" word affects 6.7 million women in the U.S. -- about 11% of the reproductive-age population.
     
  • In a survey of married women, the CDC found that 1.5 million women in the US (6%) are infertile 
  • The "I" word affects men and women equally.
     
  • Twenty-five percent of infertile couples have more than one factor that contributes to their infertility.
     
  • In approximately 40 percent of infertile couples, the male partner is either the sole cause or a contributing cause of infertility.
     
  • Irregular or abnormal ovulation accounts for approximately 25 percent of all female infertility problems.
  • Twelve percent of all infertility cases are a result of the woman either weighing too little or too much.

these statistics were found here

For two years I was part of these statistics. I was part of the 25% with ovulation problems and the 12% of women, who have trouble becoming pregnant due to weight.
When you want to expand your family, you never think of these statistics... until you become one.

After lots of prayer, working with a doctor to regulate my issues, losing 30lbs, and lots of prayer, we found out we were expecting


photo and caption from our gender reveal January 9th 2015

For two long emotional, trying years we tried to have a baby. There were so many times I woke up defeated. I let every negative test and a lost pregnancy destroy my faith. I was convinced E would be our only child and I was starting to plan our life with just him. Until about 5 months ago when I started listening this amazing worship album by Steffany Grezinger. The song "Steady Heart" just wrecked me. The opening line goes " though I can't see what's in front of me still I will trust You" I cried, I prayed, my faith was renewed and I knew, though I couldn't see it that God had a greater plan for our family. About a month later we were pregnant. God new better than I when the perfect time for this baby to enter our lives was. His timing couldn't be better. He truly knew my hearts desire and I am blown away by His love and faithfulness for our family

Our sweet Wren is a gift from God. She was created by him with a purpose. Her life has already helped me grow in ways I didn't know I could. She is a testimony of Gods grace and love for each of us. 

if you struggle with infertility, please know that my family is praying for you! Don't let the "I" word define you.

No comments:

Post a Comment