About Me

My photo
Hey Ya'll I'm Rachel I'm a "Southern Girl" with a passion for writing, cooking, crafting and running. Three of the most important things in my life are my, handsome guitar playing, husband Stephan our hilarious genius child Ephraim Brite and our beautiful girl Wren Eisley Take a look around and get to know me!

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Erika Posts


My name is Erika and I blog over on a little blog called t.e. and baby

Basically, it's just a little blog about our growing family. I love to document the ins and outs of our lives--Both good and bad. I would love it if you would stop by and say hi sometime!

Anyway--Rachel asked me to write a post today about some of my favorite books. This is a perfect topic for me because I am a crazy book fanatic.
I love to curl up in bed anytime I have a free second and just read away. I love the feeling of getting lost in a book and developing relationships with the characters.

My favorite book at the moment is The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson. 

Here's the synapsis from Barnes and Noble.

Lennie plays second clarinet in the school orchestra and has always happily been second fiddle to her charismatic older sister, Bailey. Then Bailey dies suddenly, and Lennie is left at sea without her anchor. Overcome by emotion, Lennie soon finds herself torn between two boys: Bailey's boyfriend, Toby, and Joe, the charming and musically gifted new boy in town. While Toby can't see her without seeing Bailey and Joe sees her only for herself, each offers Lennie something she desperately needs. But ultimately, it's up to Lennie to find her own way toward what she really needs-without Bailey. A remarkable debut novel perfect for fans of Sarah Dessen, Deb Caletti, and Francesca Lia Block.
I found this book by mistake while I was browsing for something to read on my NOOK. The death part is what caught my eye (my dad had just passed away a few weeks prior), but the words completely captivated me. Jandy is a beautiful writer, and the story line really hit home with me. Some of the quotes from the book will stick with me for the rest of my life. This book taught me that it is okay to be happy, even in the midst of tragedy.

Another favorite book of mine is If I Stay by Gayle Forman.
Here's the synapsis from B&N:

In the blink of an eye everything changes. Seventeen­year-old Mia has no memory of the accident; she can only recall what happened afterwards, watching her own damaged body being taken from the wreck. Little by little she struggles to put together the pieces- to figure out what she has lost, what she has left, and the very difficult choice she must make. Heartwrenchingly beautiful, Mia's story will stay with you for a long, long time.
Mia was one of those characters that I couldn't help but fall in love with. I loved following her story and loved how much this book made me feel. It could have me laughing at one moment, and completely crying at the next. It is written so well, and really makes you feel like you know the characters early on.
The sequel (Where She Went) is amazing as well.


So...What about you? What are some of your favorite books? I would love to hear all about them.
Feel free to stop by my blog and say hi! Oh! And, don't forget to come by every Tuesday for my series "Bloggers and Books" to see what books other bloggers out there in blogland love. It's a great way to expand your reading list!

Thanks for having me today, Rachel!

No comments:

Post a Comment