About Me

My photo
Hey Ya'll I'm Rachel I'm a "Southern Girl" with a passion for writing, cooking, crafting and running. Three of the most important things in my life are my, handsome guitar playing, husband Stephan our hilarious genius child Ephraim Brite and our beautiful girl Wren Eisley Take a look around and get to know me!

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

When I Grow Up

Hi everyone! As Rachel already told you, I'm Annalee and I blog at countingdowndailyblogspot.com    I just finished my sophomore year in high school, and I'm living life in fairly boring Virginia town.
After Rachel asked me to do this guest post, I spent a long time trying to decide what the post should be about. Finally I decided I would just post about what's been on my mind a LOT recently... the future.
I feel like I waited all my life to be a 'grown up' teenager.  Sixteen seemed like the age to be; you can drive, you're pretty much old enough to watch R-rated movies, you can go on dates, and you're in high school! I thought that being sixteen couldn't come soon enough, but it definitely did.  Don't get me wrong; I love being sixteen, but I think it came too fast. I'm sure you all know how I feel; it seems like every year goes by faster than the last, and I'm finally starting to think that it's getting too fast.
But before I depress you too much, I will tell you I'm excited about the future too!
Maybe I should've learned my lesson about how fast elementary and middle school went by, but I can't help wanting to rush through high school too. Since high school was somewhat disappointing with all the drama, boring classes, and responsibilities, I've convinced myself that college will be better. For now, I truly believe that.  The thing that really worries me, though, is choosing a college and deciding what I want to do with my future. I don' t really have any clue, but I'm terrified I'll pick the wrong thing. There are a few things that I know I want to have in my future though...
As much as I know I shouldn't base my life on it, I want to make a lot of money. I want to be able to buy nice things, have a nice house, eat good food, go to nice places, and not have to worry about making ends meet.
Although money is important to me, I also want to enjoy my job and do something interesting. I love math (I know I'm weird) and chemistry, so I'm hoping to do something with that.. probably an engineer of some sort. I've really been considering aerospace engineering and maybe getting my pilot's license, but I hate making decisions so I'll probably change my mind a lot before actually deciding.
If I'm indecisive about my future career, I'm completely hopeless when it comes to choosing a college. There are so many choices. I definitely want to be challenged, but I also want to have fun. I'm thinking I'd like to go somewhere in a big city, or somewhere near a beach.
And, all these family blogs make me sure that I want to have kids when I grow up. But, I want to be a lot older.
I want to have a few years to travel the world before I settle down; I want to see everything, especially Europe.  And, I want a few years to live in a big city like New York or Chicago and experience everything that I possibly can. 
So, all of you who've been there and done that, do you have any advice or good memories you'd like to share? Feel free to comment; I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts.
I hope you enjoyed my post; thanks to Rachel for inviting me to do this! Hope you're having a great time at the beach! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment