About Me

My photo
Hey Ya'll I'm Rachel I'm a "Southern Girl" with a passion for writing, cooking, crafting and running. Three of the most important things in my life are my, handsome guitar playing, husband Stephan our hilarious genius child Ephraim Brite and our beautiful girl Wren Eisley Take a look around and get to know me!

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Couch to 5k and Dinner

In my meet me on Monday post I mentioned I was going to start getting back into running. Before I had Ephraim a friend and I were training for the Mercedes Marathon {we were just doing the half marathon} here in Birmingham. I had gotten up to running 7 miles at a time and then I found out I was pregnant. Well, I decided to do nothing the whole nine months. Horrible decision and next time around I will stay in shape while pregnant. Then, I broke my knee in October and it took a lot longer than expected to get back to 100%. Now my knee is back to normal so time to start running again. Yay! Stephan and I have started couch to 5k. If you haven't heard of it you can go here for more info. We use the iPhone app 5k runner. We did day one on Tuesday. It was a 25 minute work out with a 5 minute warm up, 5 minute cool down and in between we would run a minute then walk a minute and a half. Yesterday we did day two and it was a 30 minute work out with more walk/run intervals. I highly recommend this program. We are training for the Color Run coming up in September.
Here are my stats from day two! I cant wait to continue the program. Stephan did really well too. He hates running so I am very thankful he's being such a good sport and doing this with me.

After couch to 5k day 1 we decided to try a "healthier" dinner. 
Pork Chops and Fresh Green Beans
Lemon and garlic are some of my favorite flavors so I was so excited to find this recipe for fresh green beans. It's so simple and they turn out delicious. The only thing I do different than the recipe is, I add a little fresh lemon juice over the top before serving.
Here is the pork recipe:
{adapted from Giada De Laurentiis}
Ingredients:
*4 butterflied boneless pork chops
*2 eggs
*3/4c fresh grated parmesan
*1 1/2c whole wheat panko bread crumbs (I added some Italian seasoning and some rosemary and garlic seasoning to the bread crumbs)
*4tbsp light olive oil
*Salt and Pepper
*Lemon wedges for serving
Directions:
Whisk eggs in a dish. Place parmesan in a separate dish. Place panko in a third dish. Season each side of the pork chop with salt and pepper. Coat the chops with cheese patting to adhere, then dip chops in the egg then the panko patting to adhere. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the pork chops to the skillet and cook 'til golden brown and the center reaches 150degrees. This should take about 6-8 mins a side, depending on how thick your chops are. Transfer to plates and enjoy! We also added a little fresh squeeze of lemon juice over the top of our pork chops before enjoying.

Bon Appetit

2 comments:

  1. Wow, all sounds good and looks good to me! Good for Stephan for partnering with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Try the recipe! I'm proud of him :)

    ReplyDelete