About Me

My photo
Hey Ya'll I'm Rachel I'm a "Southern Girl" with a passion for writing, cooking, crafting and running. Three of the most important things in my life are my, handsome guitar playing, husband Stephan our hilarious genius child Ephraim Brite and our beautiful girl Wren Eisley Take a look around and get to know me!

Friday, January 6, 2012

Nichols family resolutions

Happy New Year from this handsome fellow
This year for new years eve, Stephan and I dropped the little one off with his Noni and Grampy (stephan's parents) and we went to a party at a friends house. Like the awesome party people we are, we were home and in bed by 10pm. I honestly do not remember the last time I've seen 12am on new years. It's sad really.

Stephan had to work New Years day so I got to spend some quality time with Ephraim. What better way to spend the first day of the new year?

I'm not always one for resolutions in the new year, mainly because I never seem to keep them. This year however, there are some that I really need to stick to.
Here are the Nichols family resolutions for 2012:
What are some of yours?

1. Keep the house clean at all times:
For us this will mean making a list of daily task. That way I don't feel so overwhelmed when we plan to have house guests. I always deep clean my entire house the day we have guests over and then I'm exhausted. (Now all my previous house guests know my secret. oops)

2. Have more friends over to our home:
This is why my home needs to be clean! I love having house guests. It makes me so happy cooking and entertaining friends! We have a long list of people we have been wanting to have over, so this year we are going to get to all of them.

3. Read more:
This is one for me personally. The hubs is not a big reader but I am. I couldn't seem to find time in 2011 to read very often (what with being a new mom and all). This year my goal is to read at least a book a month. This shouldn't be very difficult. If my house is clean I can read while the kiddo naps.

4. Get healthy:
Talk about cliche new years resolution, but I'm so serious about it. Stephan and I both have sort of just let ourselves go. I guess most couples do that somewhat after getting married, but for me it's worse since I had Ephraim. I so desperately want to be back at my pre-preggo weight. However, that seems like and impossible task so getting healthy is my next option. No more nasty fried foods and I'll be saying bye bye to my diet coke addiction (so sad about this).

5. Be the best parents ever
We want to soak up every moment of every day with our little guy. He is growing faster than I ever imagined and I feel like it will be no time at all before he will be to big for all the cuddles and kisses

and last but not least

6. Pay off all out debt:
We don't have much at all, but I hate debt so the goal is to have it all paid off by August. If we pay off all our debt we can do fun things like start planning the building of our new house! I love day dreaming about what our next house will be like!

2011 was very good to me. I got to marry my best friend and I became a mom to the most wonderful little boy on the planet. I can not wait to see what wonderful adventures are in store for us in 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment