About Me

My photo
Hey Ya'll I'm Rachel I'm a "Southern Girl" with a passion for writing, cooking, crafting and running. Three of the most important things in my life are my, handsome guitar playing, husband Stephan our hilarious genius child Ephraim Brite and our beautiful girl Wren Eisley Take a look around and get to know me!

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Four Eyes

Did you ever go through that phase where you though having braces and glasses was "cool"? 
I'm sure I'm not the only one who thought that right...?
Well ,at the beginning of my freshman year in high school I had braces and I bought these awesome ridiculous fake  cheap eyeglasses from Claire's. 
You know, the ones you'd use for a Halloween costume if you were dressing like a sock hop girl.
Let me tell you, I thought I was hot stuff.

I was am terrible at math. I would always sit furthest from the front crossing my fingers I wouldn't get called on, to answer the question I obviously didn't know the answer to. About half way through the year I realized that I couldn't see what the teacher was writing on the board. 
I was a little too excited about getting home to tell my mom I needed an appointment with the eye doctor.
  Total nerd I know...
The verdict was... I needed glasses. I picked out a pait that looked similar to my fake Claire's pair and was on my way to show off my sexy pink braces and smokin' hot glasses.
{In this case I needed them to see the movie at the drive in :)}
Once I was old enough to get my license I pretty much stopped wearing my eyeglasses. I passed the eye exam for my license so I didn't need them to drive and frankly I was over thinking it was cool to have glasses. I wore them when I needed to, in class but that was about it.
{and you know, also wore them some because the boyfriend, now hubs, liked them back then}

Did you know that after you have a baby your vision can change?
Mine sure did....
Now I'm looking for new glasses. I had been shopping for glasses online at another site, until I found GlassesUSA.com. They have this really fun virtual try on feature, on the site. I think I tried on all the glasses!
 I have found the perfect pair...
{after all they virtual trying on, they look almost exactly like my other pair ha!}
 and the best part is, they're cheap glasses. I am all about saving some money 
{if you hadn't realized that already from my target toy sale post}
and glassesusa is saving me half of what I would have paid elsewhere.

GlassesUSA has a really great refer-a-friend program... got to love more discounts!

They are offering all of YOU two different discounts:
There is a store wide offer, where you will receive 15% off your purchase + free shipping (on purchases of $50 or more)- Use the code: FS15
or 
you can use the code: Blog10 for 10% off any purchase of prescription glasses
 I think everyone should use the virtual try on feature and go find the perfect glasses for you.

***I was contacted by glassesusa to review their site. All opinions expressed here are my own***


   

   

   

   

   

2 comments:

  1. You were definitely not alone...I wished so bad when I was little that my teeth could get jacked up so I could have braces with the various colored rubber bands! And when I had perfect vision, I just wished I could wear glasses..... of course, now that I'm nearly blind as a bat, I have some different thoughts! But finding cute glasses helps!! (cute photos of you by the way, you can sport them well!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. RachelSusanneNicholsAugust 16, 2012 at 7:52 PM

    thank goodness I wasn't alone haha! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete